Emotions are contagious.
People buy based on emotions.
Can you see where I’m going with this? If YOU are not in a good place emotionally—if you are feeling down, discouraged, defeated—people will “catch” that. Will they want to buy your product or service? Of course not!
People buy based on emotions—they buy because they believe something will make them happy or improve their life in some way.We buy on emotions then justify with logic.
That’s why it is absolutely vital to your home based business success that you keep careful watch over your emotions. You need to be pro-active about staying uplifted.
Here are some practical ideas:
1. Spend time listening to worship music every morning. Make sure it’s uplifting and upbeat.
2. Go for a daily walk early in the day. Get your body in motion. Get the adrenaline pumping.
3. Load your ipod with uplifting, motivational teaching from people like Dani Johnson , Lance Walnau and other Christian business trainers. Use your daily walk to get fired up about being God’s business woman!
3. Surround yourself with positive people. You may not be able to completely avoid the nay-sayers and critics, especially if you live with them! But you can be pro-active about connecting with people who lift you up; who believe in you and your home business. Make a list of these people! Pick up the phone. Schedule a meeting. Whatever it takes.
4. Energy breeds energy. The basic laws of thermodynamics that rule the entire universe apply to your home business, too. A body at rest tends to stay at rest; a body in motion tends to stay in motion. Procrastination is the kiss of death for a home business owner. Do something for your business every day. Work specific hours. Keep moving forward. Do not allow yourself to work “only when you feel like it” – be a professional and get moving.
5. Take massive action. The more activity you generate, the more likely you’ll be to secure some victories. Don’t make one sales call and quit for the day. Set a goal to make 10 calls daily. Then if 1 person says “No” it’s not a big deal. You have 10 more calls to make
My favorite uplifting teachers are:
Lance Wallnau: www.lancelearning.com
Dani Johnson: www.danijohnson.com
Joyce Meyer www.joycemeyer.org